Saturday, September 16, 2006

 
First off, some Soul Patrol news.....

LMBO has a site now, and it has a message board (the men have no clue what there in for) but hey, should be interesting!! http://www.thelittlememphisbluesorchestra.com/

Fuzzy Belly Bunny is down unfortunately. Just heard that the server is down but should be up and running soon! Hang in there folks!

As for Bond and his interview, no news yet but still have all body parts crossed for him.

On with the recipe. This comes from that wacky, sexy hoochie we call Turnberry.

Turnberry says: This is easy but proving to be a big hit--I just thought it up one day(it's probably some classic French dish and I just don't know name lol). It is very fattening and that's what makes it so damn good--I don't measure much--all amounts are approximate.

Creamed New Potatoes with Shallots and Garlic

@ one pound red skin new potatoes, skins on, quartered
@ 1/4 cup shallots, diced
3-5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped (I like 5--lurve garlic)
@ 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
@ 1/2 stick butter (I only use real and this is more --to taste)
@ 1/2 cup heavy cream
Sea Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in pot big enough to boil potatoes over medium high heat. Add shallots stirring frequently so that they do not burn. When shallots have softened add garlic and cut potatoes and stir to coat. Remove from heat and fill pot with just enough water to cover potatoes. Return to high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are just done. Drain. Return to heat set on warm and add the butter and cream salt and pepper stirring to coat. Adjust seasonings and serve.

These are even better the next day.

Thanks Turn!! I think a gained a few pounds just by reading it!

Okay, the funny of the day (well, I thought it was hysterical...) comes from my son Bug who's 12. Yesterday we went to the Big E which is a huge fair representing all of New England. Bug for the first time tried Vermon's maple sugar candy. Now, if y'all have never tried it before....it's the freakin' bomb!! Anyway, after eating it my son said, and I quote "I feel like a new part of me has just been reborn"!!

I had some great pics for ya but for some reason I'm having trouble uploading them (insert proper swear word here). Will try again tomorrow....hugs!!

Comments:
Woooooooooo!!!

**does a happy commenter dance**

A NEW part of me has been REBORN - that's classic!
 
Oh Mary.... I love the comment that Bug made. I think I'm going to start using it. It's not copyrighted is it? LMOO....

Our crazy bunch is going to the fair tonight. Will fill ya'll in next week and our family outing.

Love ya'll more than Anndi loves her luggage!
Lee Ann
 
Mmm...that sounds yummm-a-licious!
 
From the great state of NJ:

Wat's a fair????
 
thanks for the comments peeps!! Bond, have no clue what you mean....!! LOL
 
Thanks Amy-- it is worth every calorie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?