Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Hoochie Soul Recipe's

Maryfly here - welcome all hoochies and honchos, email me your recipes and I shall post them here. I figured this would be easier then emailing them around. (nope, have no idea where "honchos" came from, gonna leave it there though, reminds me of chaps.....) hmm, does this blog have to be PG13??!! Man, I hope not.

As for the B.S. well, I got plenty of that! So stay tuned.

First of all, for those of you don't know, DH does all the cooking. He likes to do it. It has nothing to do with the fact that I burnt his steak 8 years ago and that I haven't had to cook since.......really.

Anyway, here's a recipe from dear old DH. Enjoy!


BEEF KABOBS W/GARLIC SAUCE

1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root or just use the regular stuff
Hot Garlic Sauce (recipe below) 6 skewers


Cut beef into 1-inch square pieces.
Combine soy sauce, pepper, oil, lime juice, garlic and ginger; pour over beef in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat beef well. Marinate 30 minutes, turning bag over once.
Meanwhile, prepare Hot Garlic Sauce.
Thread beef onto skewers, leaving space between pieces.
Cook kabobs on grill 5 inches from hot coals, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness. (Or, broil kabobs on rack of broiler pan, 3 to 4 inches from heat source, 3 to 4 minutes on each side [for medium-rare], or to desired doneness.) (doneness....does that word sound funny or is it just me? k, probably just me.....)

Hot Garlic Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup water, 2 cloves garlic, pressed, 2 Tbsp. each sugar, distilled white vinegar and fresh lime juice, 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, stirring until sugar dissolves.

*Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.

I love this recipe cause there's so little carbs. Then again, it's so dang good with rice. You just can't win.......(grumbles)



funny of the day:

Comments:
Yummy! I loves me some Kabobs! I will have to go thru my recipes and pull out a couple for you!!

Love the blog. It'll keep us hoochies happy!

Amy
 
Hugs Amy!!

LOL Pia!! I'll try not to get too pervy (will be tough).

It would be easier if you emailed me your recipes. thanks! hugs!!
 
Wait--if you are not gonna get pervy I am just gonna leave
 
gropes are not only acceptable but required!!

TURNNNNNNNNNN!! I promise to be pervy!! (hopefully nobody complains) hee hee, this could be fun.....(Mr. Burns cackle)
 
Well.... I got this e-mail last week and am JUST NOW LOOKING AT IT!. WOOOOOO another blog... wooooooo

Whaaaaa... ya'll are just wanting to make me fatter... with all these good recipes.... oh well...

The Pervier the better... you won't hear one single word out of my southern lips... :-)
::GROPES, SMOOCHES & HUGS::
Lee Ann
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?