Saturday, October 21, 2006

 
Hoochies!! How's everyone? Hope y'all are great! Miss you all! Hope we can all get together sometime soon. Thanks to all who gave me movie ideas for Bug, I appreciate it!

Now, on to a recipe! Yes folks! I have a recipe! It's from the lovely and wonderful (one of the nicest people I have ever met) Piacere!! otherwise known as MB! And away we go....

Tiramisu
(Literally means "Pick Me Up")


Step 1.

Begin by making zabaglione cream as follows:

5 egg yolks (extra large eggs - room temperature)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Marsala wine


In the top part of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar together until the mixture is pale yellow in color. In the bottom part of the double boiler,
bring water to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Place egg yolk mixture over simmering water and gradually add Marsala , beating continuously (make sure heat is low enough so that eggs don't scramble). Scrape bottom and sides of pan occasionally and cook 6 - 10 minutes or until soft mounds can be formed. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.


Step 2.

1 cup whipping cream, chilled
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 lb. Marscarpone cheese
1 recipe zabaglione (above)
2 cups freshly brewed espresso
1/2 cup Gran Marnier (Italians often use Sambucca)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 14 oz. pkg. Italian lady finger cookies
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
chocolate curls for garnish

Whip cream with 2 Tbsp. sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in Marscarpone and
zabaglione and mix lightly until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. In
a separate bowl, mix espresso, 2 Tbsp. sugar, Gran Marnier and vanilla. Arrange 10 cookies on the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish or pan. Carefully spoon about 1 Tbsp. of the coffee mixture over each cookie so they are well saturated but not falling apart. Spoon 1/3 of cheese mixture over cookies and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder. Repeat 2 more times ending with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight (best) so that cookies can soften as they absorb moisture. Garnish and serve. Makes 12 servings.

*Hint: Buy extra cookies and saturate with coffee mixture and enjoy while putting together the rest of the tiramisu!



take care all!! much hugs and smooches!!

Comments:
Now, that looks good!
 
:drools

:goes to see if she has the ingredients:
 
One of the few desserts I actually eat.

YUM
 
Wish I could make a big batch for all of you!!!!! So come to Richmond, everybody - tiramisu all around!!! I'll even throw in a pot of pasta fagioli on the side (remember - eat your dessert FIRST!!!).

P.S. Who in the HECK are all of those crazy dancin' hoochies????
 
P.P.S. Miss Fly - many thanks for the kind words...remember - I'd hold your head anytime if you were "calling Ralph"!!!!! I LURVE you!!!
 
Oh, look at those hoochies go... woooooooo

Oh and the dessert.... yummy, yummy, yummy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?